Friday, October 16, 2009

Sometimes I wish I was enthusiastic about life as Rob Dyrdek, where does he get it all?

Oh man. Totally crazy week. Started off with a 340 person catering on Monday. No school, but I still had to go in at 6:30am! We all worked on plating everything. There was croissant chicken salad sandwiches, with pasta salad, and kahlua tiramisu for dessert! It turned out really awesome.Def need to get that recipe - it was so good! (We also covered 4 other tables just like this, most dessert I've ever seen!)

So after THAT crazy day, had to go to work all week of course. But we also had to cater to the Washington Accreditation Board, who was using our conference room and Fireside Bistro while they were doing their "accreditation" thing.. We served them from Wednesday to Friday, and it was a lot! I was in the Bistro kitchen and did a ton of different stuff. A lot of good food! Did my first fruit platter too.. Also got to make a breakfast menu (not fun getting there at 6am, but fun to make the food!) I made a hazelnut cream cheese stuffed french toast with a blueberry syrup, uhhmmmmm amazing? We also made a smoked salmon eggs Benedict which was phenom. We all got to sit out on the loading dock and eat it =].

Chef Plemmons' fruit platter... Pretty awesome!

For lunch we made a pumpkin white bean soup, a northwest salad with peaches and feta cheese, and a cranberry dijon chicken. Thursday we had two caterings, (I know .. so many) which we had to make a dish to send to the president of the board. We made seafood louie (sp?) that had crab, mussels, and shrimp - did I tell you I love seafood? Find the recipe for this, it was AMAZING. Then we made ratatouille en croute, and a pork tenderloin with a apricot veloute sauce. Then today we had the Bistro Four Course, and we switched stations - so I am now in the Bistro service. Wow lemme tell you, I'm glad I never had a serving job before this because it's much better to learn first. Had 34 covers today which normally on a busy day we get 20. Had to serve for an hour and 40 mins, and then one of my team members decided to walk out because she was mad that it was busy? Not sure exactly why she got so mad but then I had to take over her tables.. Super awesome. It's a school, so don't yell and get all pissed off, because you have to spend the rest of the year with those same people right? Whatever. People are amazing!

So I thought I did pretty good, but I do need practice at serving. Oh well! Everyone has to learn sometime. At least I got some tips to take to the bar with me tonight! It's Julie's 52nd birthday week and we're going to the Sidebar for happy hour! Good I need a drink. =]

Have to work tomorrow, boooo. But it's rainy so maybe it won't be too busy? Who knows! I'm hoping for a relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

  1. holy moly, all of that food looks SO good! it's pretty awesome that you get to do so much service and preparation, you're going to be a pro by the time you finish school!

    thinking of you! :)

    -sar

    ReplyDelete