Friday, October 9, 2009

My computer sucks, just typed out a post - and it CLOSED THE WINDOW. Ugh. Let's try again!

I finally got to the shop this week, and had a huge pile of receipts waiting for me! Jon showed me his new ride too..
Last weekend I went to run errands with Jon and De. We went by Sportsman's Warehouse (Outdoor Outfitters Wholesale Sports? Stupid) so that they could find new gun holsters. I was informed that searching for a gun holster is the same as me looking for a purse, so I was sympathetic to their quest. But while they were shopping I wandered around the store, because I like wandering. I stumbled upon this little beauty..
Not only funny because Jon was in the store when I text him this picture, but you also had to buy the special funnel adaptor to fit your butt. Yuck. But I did find this really nice filet knife for my Dad. It even came with leather cover that had Indian designs on it. I'm definitely getting one for myself!

So school this week was okay. Fun because I started in the Bistro kitchen, but sucked because I was sick and had to miss school and work. Had a pretty high fever (100.4) and couldn't really do much about having to miss school.. Still felt like a slacker though! Anyway, Fridays are 4 course meals from different countries in the Bistro restaurant, so this week it was Chilean cuisine.

First course: Soup
Crema Fria De Palta
(Chilled Avocado Soup w/ Sour Cream Garnish)
Second Course: Entree
Zenzero Achiote Sea Bass w/ Pineapple Salsa

Third Course: Salad
Ensalada a la Chilena
(Chilean Tomato and Sweet Onion Salad)


Fourth Course: Dessert
Baked Apple Ice Cream w/ Caramelized Chilean Apples
Everything tasted really amazing. I helped plate some of them, but the "salad" plate was my responsibility. I made tomato "flowers" with tomato petals and a green salad dressing on the plate, then put the salad in a mold and put it on the plate with a chopped cabbage garnish. It was really fun to plate - I love the creative aspect of it. But I was kind of bored because I was done with all my stuff so fast. Haha dang, guess that's what I get for being uberproductive. The dessert was TO DIE FOR. I recommend it highly! I am going to buy an icecream maker just so I can make that icecream.
I also took three tests this week, which I got an A+ and an A- on two (haven't gotten the third one back yet). So I'm pretty proud of my study regime, even though I don't have free time for anything else during the week. At least I'm getting good grades right? =]
Off to watch Food Network, and work on my recipe notebook! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment