Friday, October 2, 2009

Sweet Cherry Pie!

Busy day! I filet-ed a giant halibut today. LOTS easier than filet-ing salmon. Then I poached it in a court bouillon and served it with a sauce made from it! Also came with a pineapple orange salsa! I love cooking seafood, it's really easy and tastes amazing. Def going to have a lot of seafood at my restaurant =]. I move to the "Bistro Kitchen" on Monday, which is a "real" restaurant. We make food for orders in the Fireside Bistro Restaurant. I'm pretty excited because I'll get to learn a whole bunch of stuff. And we have a whole day dedicated to prep! Ahhh so much easier =]

Been cooking all week at school, then coming home and making stuff too! Last night I made chipotle pork fried rice, uhm, YUM. It turned out pretty good. Also bought these mini pots de creme bowls and made mini apple pies with creme anglaise.. I used apples from the tree in the yard, and they were really tart so I had to use a lot of sugar. They turned out good though! So def using a different kind of apple next time. And the creme anglaise was really good on it.
Here they are!





I also started to make a present for my Dad for his birthday. I usually make him cherry pie, but I wanted to make something that would last a little longer. So I made a little slice =]



How cute! I had a lot of fun making it. Plus I think I'm going to paint a plate to put it on. Fun and easy gift to give! Lemme know if you have a birthday coming up! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment